Total Pageviews

Friday, August 19, 2011

Summer Breakfast Idea

OPEN-FACED SANDWICH

Greetings to all my blogger friends,

I hope your summer has been full of relaxation, vacations, family time and lots of good cooking outside.

I love whoever invented a BBQ..that is the greatest idea!!!!

My summer has been filled with great memories, good summer concerts, corn on the cob, homemade ice cream, beach trips, drive in movies, meeting lots of really great people, and of course cooking some pretty amazing breakfast for our guest.

I am in  love....

I have come up with a very easy, light, and tasty idea for summer breakfast...An Open-Faced Sandwich.


I started serving this to our guest this summer at the B&B

It is so easy to put together!!

Whoever you serve this sandwich to, you will amaze them with this dish.

My recipe..makes 1 sandwich

A slice of Marble Rye Bread  ( toasted)
A thick slice of bacon   ( I use back bacon)
A thick slice of  Tomato
A 1/2 Cup of Arugula
1 Tablespoon of  Balsamic Vinaigrette
1 Fried Egg

Toast your bread first, layer a slice of bacon then a  tomato. Mix in a small bowl arugula & balsamic vinaigrette, add the arugula in a mound on top of the tomato. Fry one or two eggs, sprinkle with some salt & pepper, place the egg on top
Optional ideas...melting some cheese (fontina cheese) to your bread, or( cream cheese). Spinach is also a nice flavor for this sandwich if  you don't have arugula on hand.

To add even more to the plate, I love to serve some oven roasted dill potatoes.

This breakfast sandwich is healthy and super simple to make for your family or guest.

Cheers to eating healthy in the morning

Enjoy Susan









No comments:

Post a Comment