Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

HOMEMADE GRANOLA

Grape-nuts Granola
 This is at the top of my list for a great breakfast in a hurry, some fresh fruit, yogurt, and  homemade granola.  I'm so excited to share this granola recipe with you. I started making this a couple of years ago...and I love it!!  It's very easy to make.  I came across this recipe at a local Farmers Market I was involved with. I decided to add the granola to the list of selling items...to my surprise the granola was a hit.  People love homemade goods and appreciate the time and effort you put into it.  I decided to add some dried blueberries and apples that we had dried earlier in the year.  I think it's a great snack for anytime of the day.








 
Recipe for Homemade Granola...


3/4 C Canola oil
3/4 Honey
Splash of Vanilla Extract
1 T brown sugar

Heat these 4 ingredients in a sauce pan for 1 minute. Set aside

51/2 C Rolled Oats
3 C Grape-Nutes
In a bowl add the rolled oats and grape-nuts cereal. Pour the the wet honey mixture into the bowl and stir.  Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and pour the granola onto the pan. 
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes on 300 degrees. Turn the granola once while cooking.  Take out of the oven and let cool for a few minutes.  You can store this in bags or jars.  I added dried apples and blueberries to my granola.  Coming soon I will show you how I dried my fruit and how to store them.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know what you think..Enjoy  Susan                                                                           
                                                                                                                                                                

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a calorie count and serving size for this? We made it last night and absolutly LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete