Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 3, 2011

IN-N-OUT HAMBURGER

                                                                              


My first visit to In-N-Out was a few years ago when I went to visit some of my family in Gilbert Arizona.

My niece was working there. It was a must eat out restaurant to try while I was there.

I have to say you could eat off the floors, it was so clean.  I bet they get great reviews from the Health Inspectors.
                                                                        
I had heard they had one of the best hamburgers around, so I couldn't wait to try one.  When we arrived you would of thought there wasn't another hamburger joint in town, it was packed with people.

We all looked around for an open table but couldn't fine one.  We finally watched the one person that looked like they were going to leave and went and stood at there table and starred them down....you know what I am talking about.

I think we all ordered the same double decker loaded with everything, and yes the fries too.

It was delicious and that doesn't even begin to tell you how wonderful each bit tasted.

                                                              
I have to say  I always thought my hamburgers where so plain tasting,,,no matter what I put on them they were boring to me, until now.





 
Lets see in this hamburger is...slowly cooked sauteed onions, special sauce (ketchup-mayo-sweet relish), mustard, pickles, fresh tomatoes, crispy lettuce, seasoned hamburger on a butter toasted bun.

I don't know but the words....gooey, sweet, salty, savory, crispy, meaty, melty, and just plain messy are pretty good  words describing this hamburger.
                                                                              
To really finish this dish off I added of course some fries.

Dinner came and went in moments as we sat down and ate...I don't remember much conversation:)

I will say in all honesty I couldn't finish mine. I could only eat half of it.  It was just to filling for me.
                                                                        
I am sorry  to show you  my half eaten burger.....but at this point I had to call it good. I wrapped it up and put in the refrigerator for another day.

It was kinda funny to watch the dogs at our feet waiting for a crumb to fall.   They are getting way to comfortable with our food.

If your looking for a new delicious hamburger to serve for your family, then give these a try.   I know I know, these are not great on the waist but that's ok to try something every now and then.

Cheers!   Susan


Recipe     Makes 4

1 1/2 pound of lean chuck beef

salt and pepper

 2 dill pickles

 1 head crisp lettuce

 2 fresh large tomatoes

1 lrg. onion (sauteed and caramelized)

 2 T mustard

8 slices american cheese (2 slices per hamburger)

hamburger buns




Special sauce recipe:
Serves 4 Hamburgers
4 T ketchup
2 T mayo
1 T sweet relish...mix together and set aside.
1/4 t lawrys seasoning

To start off, cut up your onion into strips, and to a heated skillet cook your onions on low. It takes about hour to turn brown.  I added 1/3 cup of water half way to let the onions carmelize them.  Remove from the stove and set aside.

Using a large bowl add your hamburger, and add salt and pepper to taste.  Take some saran wrap and flatten  your patties. I made mine about 5 inches in diameter.

Cut up your washed tomatoes, lettuce and pickles.  Set aside

To start the process butter each side of your buns.  Toast them on your griddle until they are lightly brown.
Set aside on a plate.   Then add each patty to the griddle and cook for 10 minutes. Before you turn them over add 1t of mustard to the top of your hamburger and flip.  Then place a piece of cheese to each patty and let it melt...about another 5 minutes.

While those are cooking, add you special sauce to the top and bottom bun.  Then add the dill pickles( 4slices) to the bottom bun.

Remove with a spatula your hamburgers and place them to the bottom bun. To finish it offt add your toppings, sauteed onions, tomato, and the lettuce, and top it off with your top bun.

There you go...an In-N-Out burger for yourself.












1 comment: