Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies

Hello girls...I hope your enjoying  your day.  My day started off great. My wonderful husband cooked us a tasty breakfast and we spent some good time talking.

My gears are turning in my head today.   I want to enter a recipe in the CookingChannel Contest. I want to be one of three finalist, so this morning I started making a cookie recipe that comes straight from me...I am thinking a Banana Kashi Crunch Cookie.  It sounds good to me.  

I will keep you posted!!!!

So these are the breakfast cookies I was talking about..... Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie

I think coming into spring we all start watching what we eat. We want to be able to fit into our shorts and 
bathing suits...we want to feel good about the way we look.....well it least I do.   These are healthy and full of fiber.

So to start these cookies I had to get my faithful Montgomery Wards Food Dryer out from the garage.   I cut my apples and soaked them in lemon water before placing them on the rack.  I also bought a bunch of Banana's at the store and cut them into thin slices.                                                      
                                                                                   



We bought this dryer about 10 years ago at a garage sale and use it every year.  We dry everything!!!  

My favorite way to eat these delicious bits is to dry them first and then stick them into a freezer zip-lock bag and then into the freezer.  In the summer you can take them out and have something crunchy and healthy to snack on. Our kids loved snacking on them in the car.  

So tomorrow after these dry and will be ready to assemble on my cookie.... I promise I will share:)
                                                                   

2 comments:

  1. Do you treat your bananas with anything prior to drying? Or your apples?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soak them in lemon Juice water before drying the them, this process doesn't really help keep the banana's from turning a little brown. We love drying fruit!!

    ReplyDelete