Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fabulous Fall Dish

PUMPKIN-GINGER WAFFLES


Does this scream FALL??   I think so!!

This time of year in Oregon is breath taking, it is so beautiful!!!

The trails & parks in the Willamette Valley is a must see, if you haven't vacationed in Oregon before you must come soon.

I love summer but I equally love FALL.

Harvest Fest, carameled apples, carving pumpkins, picking fresh apples from a tree and

baking an apple pie,or pumpkin pie brings a smile to my face:)





It just all sounds so good.

We have our family pictures taken each year around this time, I thought I would share my beautiful family with you, October 2010.

I thought being outdoors in the beauty of fall would make for a gorgeous picture.


No, really what I wanted to share was this recipe from Country Living Magazine


PUMPKIN -GINGER WAFFLES
Serves 5


1 1/4 C All purpose flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
2t ground ginger
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 C finally shopped crystallized ginger
2 large eggs
3/4 C buttermilk
1/2 canned pumpkin puree
1/2 C sugar
3/4 t vanilla
3T unsalted butter melted, and slightly cooled

Combine all dry ingredients in bowl, set aside.

Whisk eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin,sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl. Combine the flour mixture. 
Stir in butter and crystallized ginger, do not over mix.

Heat your waffle iron to. Spray Pam if needed. Use about 1/2 cup of batter per waffle pour over waffle maker and close lid. It usually takes about 3 to 4 minutes. Keep warm in the oven set at 200 degrees.

I hope you try this recipe. I will be serving these at the Lions Gate Inn B&B for our guest.

Cheers to a great FALL season   

Thanks Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment