Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Yummy Pumpkin Scones

Pumpkin Spiced Scones
                              picture is by eggs on Sunday
Hello my blogger friends:)

I had this great idea

I thought to myself  how fun it would be to bake up these super simple spiced scones

and deliver them to all my followers...

the reason is...because I am so grateful for your support, and encouragement
in sharing my recipes.

I have the best life

and job

and I love what I do.

This summer I was so amazed to hear many great
comments and request for my recipes from our guest at the B&B

It's been a very fun but busy summer and I look forward to some days off and working on my
Cook Happy Cookbook.

I must say I am also ready for lots of lunch dates, coffee dates with all  my friends & family.
I miss good conversations & enjoying your company.

So, I thought I would encourage you to this week to

share these tasty treats with your neighbor, or grandma, or best friend or a stranger.  If you do please share:)

Wishing you a great week
Ingredients


2 cups of flour...I used 1 cup of flour & 1 cup of wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 t cinnamon
1.2 t nutmeg
1/4 t allspice
1/4 t ground ginger
1/2 c raisins ( Optional or Chocolate Chips
1/2 c pumpkin puree
3/4c heavy cream
3 T maple syrup
1 t vanilla
Directions
Preheat oven 425 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a bowl mix flour & spices together, toss in raisins or chocolate chips. 


In a mixing bowl add cream, pumpkin puree, syrup. and vanilla. Add it all into the dry
ingredients. and mix with a fork.  


Knead it in the bowl several times. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and
pat it into 1-inch thick round shape. 


Cut into 8 wedges and place them on your baking sheet. 


Brush the tops with cream and sprinkle some sugar


Bake for 15 minutes and serve warm.


I hope you enjoy these as much as we did.  They are a fun fall breakfast treat for anyone.


Enjoy!!!  Susan



4 comments:

  1. Those look so yummy! I want to schedule a coffee date with you....i haven't seen you all summer! I want to hear about everything going on with you my dear!

    xoxo
    Darci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! me too. This next week we are finally hitting the slow down season. I would love to catch up with you.
    This is an invite to come out to Newberg next week. I think Tue,Wed I am open. Let me know:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try these!!!!! Yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    Lisa Harder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lisa for your comment, let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete