Total Pageviews

Friday, December 16, 2011

Chewy Gluten-Free Granola Bars

Good Friend morning

These past weeks have been so joyful for me. One, we have slowed down at the B&B so it has given me a chance to,oh get my life organized.  Second, it's Christmas and I LOVE the this time of year. I have seen people giving more then ever. The stories on TV are amazing....maybe we are finally realizing it's better to give then receive. I love the story this morning a lady walks into a Kmart and pays off many families lay-a-way items, plus she hands people in the store cash and says to them pay it forward. I think I might try that today with one person. This year my  husband & I were able to give to people in Serbia & Nicaragua, it was a joy to give to those people who are in need of  flour, oil, rice, sugar, potato's, beans and salt. Third, I received news from doctor that all my blood work came out normal...thank goodness!!
Fourth...after Christmas Dave & I are taking a vacation to some sunnier weather, we are so excited. It is a much needed vacation for both of us to take....I am hoping to have lots of good conversations about life & our future and mostly praying alot together....we all need prayer right.

One of my goals this winter is to work more on my Cook Happy Cookbook...every time I think about it I get super excited, but then sometimes I think it will never happen, but with God all things are possible.

I found this recipe for Gluten Free Granola Bars and thought I needed to share them with you. Oh my goodness they are probably the best homemade granola bars I have tasted. I really hope you give them a try, plus they are really easy to make. 

Thick, chewy granola bars




adapted from King Arthur Flour
12/3 C of Gluten-Free Oatmeal
1/2 C sugar for a little more sweetness add 3/4 C
1/3 C of oatmeal flour, using a food processor, add 1/3 C of oatmeal processed until finally ground.
1/2 t salt
1/4 t cinnamon
2 to 3 Cups of dried fruit & nuts
1/3 C peanut butter or nut butter
1t vanilla
6 T butter ( melted)
1/4 C honey
1/4 C maple syrup
1T water

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line 8x8x2 pan parchment paper. Lightly grease.
Stir together all dry ingredients, including the fruits & nuts. In a separate bowl whisk together the butter,peanut butter, vanilla, sweeteners, water. Toss the wet ingredients with the dry. Mix until crumbly.  Spread into your pan pressing down and into the corners of your pan. You can use the back of a spoon to press down more evenly.

Bake the bars for 30 minutes or until the sides are golden brown, they will look a little under cooked, but you want them that way. They will set as they cool.
Take the parchment out with the granola bars out of your pan and set them on the counter or cooling rack, and let set for 20 minutes.  If they are not sticking them in the pan and refrigerate for 10 minutes before you slice them into squares.

Store them into an air tight container, or you can freeze them in freezer bags. Or individually wrap them.

Some suggestions dried, cranberries, apples, apricots, cherries or coconut, walnuts, pecans, chocolate chips.

Please post a comment, or opinion.

Enjoy  Susan

New...beauty tip for the day. Take ice water and pat over your face after cleansing & rinsing. It tightens the skin up and makes your skin look amazing. I have used this tip for 20 years....love it.




No comments:

Post a Comment