Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Best Carrot Cake Ever


On the cake plate today is one of my personal favorites..Carrot Cake.   I know some of you are saying carrots in a cake..but let me tell you this is over the top in goodness.

You know I think my husband is one lucky guy!!  I just had to throw that in there.

This Carrot Cake is spicy, rich, moist and so delicious...the carrots are not overwhelming at all.  There is just a hint of carrot flavor

I have found many variations of this cake...one recipe calls for 3 jars of canned carrot baby food, some recipes call for coconut, some call for applesauce, some with raisins, some with nuts and cranberries.  The ideas are endlist.

I have found this recipe to be easy and full of flavor...so


Looking for a simple Easter Dessert..I think this one is the winner.




RECIP1E

Makes 1 Cake

3 organic eggs
11/4 cups sugar
13/4 cups all-purpose flour
1t vanilla 
1 T baking powder
11/2 cinnamon
1t cardamom
1/2 t ground ginger
1 pinch of salt
1/2 c plus 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
1lb carrots, grated
1t butter and flour for your pan

Frosting recipe

1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
1 Cups confectioner's sugar
1 t vanilla 
zest of 1 lime
1/2 cup cream cheese

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Beat together the egg and the sugar until fluffy and pale.
3. Mix together all the dry ingredients and blend into the egg mixture.
4. Stir in the oil and carrots
5. Pour the mixture into a buttered 9 inch pan 
6. Bake in the center of the oven for about 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Leave the cake to cool
8. Mix together the ingredients for the frosting until creamy and smooth, then spread the frosting over the top of the cake.

I hope your planning and preparing for your Easter Feast with your family and friends. If you have a good family TRADITION to share...please comment.  

Happy Spring Sunday Morning t


                                    

1 comment:

  1. If you would like a healthier version of this carrot cake let me know..I would love to share it with you.

    ReplyDelete