Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Spring Side

Oh today has been so nice....all of us in Oregon are officially done with winter including the rain, storms, frost, grey clouds, mood swings.

Spring must be in the air, it must start today with warmer temperatures, blue skies, and LOTS of sun.

I want to ware sandels, shorts, sunglasses...and drive with my windows down.  

I was raised in SUNNY California...there are someday's I would love to hop in my car on a long road trip.
I LOVE SUMMER!!!!

What is your favorite part of SUMMER??

Today I wanted to share a very easy recipe.  It's Spring inspired:)

I thought I would cut up some vegetables and saute them.  The twist to this recipe is adding some fresh 
lemon & lime zest and the juices also adding some of my fresh dill.

Start with Zuccini, yellow squash, carrots, snow peas, broccoli...fresh dill. 

I decided to cut them julienne style.

Add some fresh lemon zest and lime zest along with 1t of juice from the lemon and lime. Salt and pepper to taste.

Add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil to your skillet...add your veggies, juices, and fresh dill. Let them saute for about 15 minutes or until tender.  

I think Grilled Chicken or Fish goes really well this dish.    

If your looking for something simple but full of spring flavor...then gives this a try.

Happy Spring to you all!!  

Cheers  Susan



                                                              



No comments:

Post a Comment