Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Granny's Upside Down Pizza

Passing it on...

I am so excited to share this recipe because it comes from my sweet grandma (Velma Stephens). 
                                                                 

This last month grandma has been on my mind.  I have been missing her and wishing she was sitting at my table.....wishing I could here her tell one more story. Grandma had one of those amazing memories, she loved to tell stories from her past.

I thought I would share some other things about my grandma..she was a good cook..she loved to sew,quilt,grow a big garden....and she canned everything she grew. My grandma never learned to drive...she loved to eat dessert before dinner.( pie was her favorite:)  

Thanks to grandma that is one thing I inherited..I love to eat dessert before dinner.  

Grandma was also good at playing a great game of cards.

Grandma ate a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of black coffee for as long as I can remember, she also liked to  eat dinner early..she said doctors told her it would add 7 years to her life. 

So today I wanted to post a recipe that she made for me many years ago. 
                                                                                


Inspired by granny

Recipe
preheat oven to 350 degrees

1 pound of hamburger
1 onion (diced)
1 green pepper (diced)
1 chopped medium tomato
1 medium jar of Pizza Sauce
1/1/2 Cups of shredded Mozzarella Cheese

I thought I would mention this recipe can be substituted with your favorite pizza toppings..like pepperoni,olives, or sausage..whatever you like...just add it to your hamburger and pizza sauce mixture.

Crust Recipe

2 Cups of flour
1teaspoon of baking powder
11/4 Cups of milk
1Tablespoon olive oil

In a skillet cook your hamburger on medium heat.  Add your sliced onions, peppers, and tomatoes. Cook for about 4 minutes. Add your pizza sauce and cook for another 2 minutes.  Remove from stove and set aside.

In a bowl add your flour, baking powder, milk, and oil.  Mix all together until well incorporated.

Grate your Mozzarella Cheese.

Leaving your pizza sauce mixture in the skillet, spread your cheese evenly over the sauce.  Then pour your crust over the top. Spread evenly making sure it covers all the the cheese.  Place your skillet into the oven.

Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden.

I hope you enjoy this recipe...it is so simple & easy!!!   

 Thanks Grandma  I love and miss you!!  Susan









  





2 comments:

  1. Grandmas are special! So nice that you have the recipes to create in your kitchen.
    I am trying to preserve my granma's family recipes as well... there is nothing like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I love my grandma..I am so glad a had a chance to learn a few things from her before she passed on

    ReplyDelete