Total Pageviews

Monday, June 13, 2011

The (BEST) dad in the world

HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD


                                              photo by http://amandaparkerandfamily.blogspot.com/
This blog is dedicated to KEN who was the best dad a girl could want.  I am so blessed to have such an amazing dad to grow up with. My DAD represents...love..kindness...patience...laughter.....and a VERY tender heart.


My fondest memory in a very difficult time in my life was when I was about 10 years old.. I came home with the worst report card you can imagine. I was so ashamed!!  My dad arrived home from work to find me in tears... he did the one thing I needed the most, offered comfort and encouraging words...the hugs were just a bonus. Sitting on the curb outside we talked...and then the words came from his mouth...lets go SHOPPING. I am sure you need a new pair of shoes for school. GOOD dad..no GREAT dad he was.


I can remember to this day exactly what those shoes looked like:)  They were the best gift ever!!!


I am so thankful for the tenderness and compassion my dad has instilled in my heart.  I am so blessed that he shows his love for his family in so many ways.  He is the BEST grandpa in the world to my kids. They love him so much. God new just what I needed in a FATHER.


I love these days when we can publicly honor our FATHERS and say THANK YOU for all they do.  I encourage you to express to the men in your life your gratitude for there life.


I love you DAD!!!!!!!!!


Happy Fathers...from your daughter Susan
               Me and my dad at the Father Daughter Dance in High School











1 comment: