Total Pageviews

Monday, June 20, 2011

A COOL summer idea

Hello my friends,
Are you thinking about the 80 degree weather that is suppose to hit here in a few days...me too!!

Everyone has been talking alot about our weather..it is spoken everywhere...you hear it. I'm ready to move...I need a vacation to Hawaii...I need a month in a tanning bed...the most common is...I am depressed over the weather.  

So today I thought I would get you ready for the warm weather with these fun tasty summer drinks. I have so many recipes that I just had to pick a few for you. Hopefully this will in inspire you to smile and know summer is about to hit.



                                     picture via Martha Stewart
                                                                     
1. Peach Ginger Ice Tea
 Mash 6 canned peach halves with 1 1/2 cups of the juice,1/3 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon grated ginger in a pitcher. Add ice and 6 cups cold English breakfast tea.     

2. Strawberry Limeade
 Make simple syrup. Dissolve 1 cup sugar in I cup water in a saucepan over low hear; let cool. Combine with 1 cup water, some frozen chopped strawberries and ice.

3. Concord Cow
 Scoop some vanilla ice cream into a glass. Mix equal parts concord grape juice and lemon-lime soda, then slowly pour over the ice cream.

4.  White-Grape Spritzer
Mix equal parts white grape juice and lemon-lime soda, serve over ice with sliced fruit.

5.   Berry-Guava Lemonade
Mash 4 diced strawberries with 2 Tablespoons sugar and 4 tablespoons guava juice in a glass. Fill with ice, then add 6 tablespoons lemon juice and lemon slices.

6 Strawberry delight
Put 1 cup of orange juice and 4 large ice cubes with 1 cup of frozen strawberries in blender. Garnish with whip topping and blueberries, or strawberries.

7. Watermelon Limeade 
8 cups of seedless watermelon chopped, 1/2 cup of fresh lime juice, 2 tablespoons of sugar or more if needed. Blend together . Add1/2 cup vodka (optional) and garnish with a sprig of mint.

I think I just go on and on but these are just a few for you to try.  If you have a great ideas for a SUMMER cool down drink please tell  us.

Mason Jars just another fun summer approach..you can shop here to find these   http://www.potterybarn.com

Thanks for visiting Cook Happy..Susan



 

No comments:

Post a Comment