Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gifts Layered with LOVE!!

I love Christmas...I love baking...I love the gift of giving!!  I started this week baking for the holidays. I like to have on hand a plate of Christmas cookies around for my family. I think the gift of food is a great idea. It is simple and you don't have to go any further then your kitchen. There are endless ways to fill a jar with gorgeous foods, sauces, mixes and chutneys.  The gleaming glass jars are fun to put together.  There are so many fun goodies to give. Remember to be creative and festive decorating your jars.
Your personal touch will be remembered!





One of my favorites is...Butterscotch or Toffee Blondies in a Jar...preheat oven to 350 degrees...Grease a 8x8x2 baking pan. In a bowl combine 1/2 C melted butter, 2 lightly beaten eggs, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla, stir in the contents of the jar. I C brown sugar,1 C flour, 1 t salt, 1 t baking powder, 3/4 C chopped walnuts, and toffee or butterscotch chips and 1/2 C mini chocolate chips. Spread the batter into your prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes.  Cool in the pan and then cut into bars and serve.
Remember to write out the recipe on a 5x5 card and place it on the back side of your prepared jar of dry ingredients.
I would love to hear your favorite cookie to make this time of year.  ENJOY!! Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment