Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

LEMON-THYME CHICKEN AND FIELD GREEN SALAD

On the Lighter Side... I thought you might like to try this dish at home. There are so many things I like about this dinner. It is easy to put together and it taste good!! The salad is light and full of flavor. I love the balsamic vinaigrette with a hint of honey. The candied pecans add some texture and bring the dish together. I like to use goat cheese and crumble just a little on the top, but you can use whatever cheese you like.   I started with marinating my chicken in the morning, frozen or fresh chicken is up to you. In a zip lock bag add your chicken, lemons, thyme and a little olive oil and salt/pepper, put the chicken into the refrigerator until your ready to cook. I broiled the chicken tonight. 
The field greens you can buy at your local market or grocery store. In a bowl add your salad, thinly sliced green apples, candied pecans, and the goat cheese, toss with the vinaigrette and serve.   I like to make my own dressing but you can also find the Balsamic Vinaigrette at your local grocery store. If you would like the recipe I used just let me know. 


marinating the chicken

 field green salad

candied pecans
                                                             

balsamic vinaigrette
toss together
The candied pecans are made by using a skillet, add 1/2 c water, 1/2 sugar and the pecans, cook on medium for about 6 minutes, then into the oven at 350 degrees for 10 min. Let stand until cool.
Bring your family to the table with this dish!!    Enjoy Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment