Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

CHEDDAR-BACON FRITTATA








I have come to love Frittata's. I started making them when I worked at the B&B. The great thing about a Frittata is you can make any kind using any ingredients you have in your refrigerator. Bacon,Onion,Cheese, Potato, and Eggs, all in one pan. This dish is super easy and fast to put together for you or your family. A Frittata is like a quiche, but minus the crust.  I decided to make this Potato Bacon and Cheddar to show you how easy this is. The flavor is so tasty!!   I used russet potatoes, onion, bacon, cheddar cheese, Fontina cheese, eggs, parsley and salt & pepper.  I recommend using a cast-iron skillet. Start with evoo in your pan.  Then thinly slice your potatoes and 1/2C diced onion and add 4 sliced fully cooked bacon. In a bowl beat 10 eggs, and 1/2 C cream or 2% milk and salt & pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the pan over the potatoes, onion and Bacon. Cook on the stove until you see the sides rising. When it is almost completely cooked sprinkle the cheeses and parsley on top and place in the oven and broil for 2 min just letting the cheese melt. Serve with some fruit and a slice of toast.
I will say your family will not be disappointed!!   Enjoy-Susan

2 comments:

  1. Another Hasenkamp using cast iron! love it!! All I cook in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes!!its and a healthy choice for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete