Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

yummy!!

 HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! thank you so much for being a follower on 'Cook Happy'. I just want to wish everyone a joyous Holiday Season with your family and friends. Celebrate the spirit of gratitude. I pray that each of you can reflect on the good things in your life and say I am blessed...I know I am!!  I would love to here how your wonderful Thanksgiving day was spent!! 
I have tried this recipe a few times and I love it. It is something a little bit different then Pumpkin Pie.  I am always trying new recipe and this was a keeper for me. 





Here's the recipe,
24 gingersnaps
2Tsugar
1/4c butter ( melted)
For crust, in a food processor, combine gingersnaps and sugar, or like me smash them in a bag. Pour the butter and mix it together. Put into your pie pan and press mixture evenly and up the sides. Chill until firm.
Filling
2 8oz cream cheese
5 eggs
3/4c brown sugar
1t cinnamon
1t vanilla
1/2 t ginger,nutmeg,cloves
Mix together in a bowl, pour over your crust and bake at 350 degrees for 45 min. Leave in the oven. Mix together 1 16oz container of sour cream, 1T vanilla,1/4 c sugar, mix and pour over the top of the cheesecake and bake for another 8 min. Let cool and sprinkle with roasted Hazelnuts.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment