Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chicken Roll-ups

This recipe is a family favorite my mom made while we were growing up. 

I started making this dish for my kids when they were little and they loved it too. 

Yes, this would be considered a comfort food.

When I decided to start my blog I knew I wanted to share some old family favorites. 


If you have one of those old family recipes, please share. 
                                                                           
Today I decided to get out my old recipes box and see what yummy things I had in there.

For some reason this one sounded good!

It has 5 ingredients and is so simple to make.   I had everything in my refrigerator but the crescent rolls.  








The one thing I like about this recipe is that they are really good the second time around.  Heat them up in the microwave and they are just as delicious as coming right out if the oven.

OUR FAMILY RECIPE

Chicken Roll-ups

1 can of cream of chicken soup

1/2 c chicken broth

2 pkg of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls                    

4 chicken breast    (cooked and shredded)
2 c Tillamook cheddar cheese.

In a sauce pan cook the first 2 ingredients until bubbly.    Meanwhile cook your thawed chicken breast in a pot of salted water until done.  Let cool and shred.

Poor you soup mixture into a  9x13 pan.  

Roll out your crescent rolls and fill them with your cooked chicken and shredded cheese and roll each of them up as seen in the picture   To finish them off spread the rest of your cheese over the top and bake.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.    Enjoy! Susan




                                                               

                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment