Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 8, 2011

FRUIT SALSA WITH HOMEMADE CINNAMON CHIPS








Good Morning...yes I know it's almost 1pm.  What a great morning I have had, except my kitten tried to climb up my leg and I cut my finger good, I will spare the gory pictures of it.  

I was really in the mood for something sweet this morning, but I am trying not to give into my cravings and go with what is important to eat. I want to start my mornings right, so I decided on juicing this morning with my favorite...apples,carrots and parsley.

I did want to share a snack with you that I have had for a couple of years.  What I like about this recipe is you can use whatever fruit you may have at home.  I used pears, apples, bananas, strawberries and blueberries to make the fruit salsa.  The pita chips are just tortillas that you bake in the oven at 350 for 8 minutes.  I tried cooking them in my skillet and didn't like that they became to soft over time.

It takes about 1/2 hr to put together and serve.  Start with cutting up your fruit into small pieces. Add a T of brown sugar, and 2T of a fruit preserve of your choice, honey and lime juice works well too. I used my homemade strawberry jam. Mix it all together in a bowl.  Pita chips are made by a light coating of butter flavored cooking spray. Sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar and bake.   Cut into wedges.


                                                                          

                                                                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment