Total Pageviews

Friday, January 7, 2011

                                    

Yes... it's time again to get my apron on and get busy in the kitchen.  I know you probably think I spend alot of time in the kitchen cooking and baking..I really don't. 
I do have days that I like to spend in the kitchen trying out new/old recipes. 


I don't know about you, but on these really cold days I like being in a warm cozy house, bundle up in some fluffy blanket absorbing all the heat...I think that's called lazy. I like being at home in my petite kitchen listening to some good music and just being creative with food. Here is a good easy recipe for you to try.


WHOLE WHEAT MOLASSES BREAD
                                                                                    


Bread it is today....there is 6 ingredients and no sugar added.  I can't wait for you to see the finish look of this Molasses Bread. It smells so good!!!

I am trying really hard to stick to healthy ideas. I am on a mission to rid myself of a few pounds.  
In May my husband and I will celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in Hawaii.  I would love to put on a bikini with confidence.  I want to look great!!!!


This bread is sweet and savory. It has a nutty flavor with the cornmeal added. I think serving this delightful bread warm is the best way.  I will say again, this is a very simple recipe for anyone to try.


                                                                                    
 
HERES THE RECIPE
1 2/3 C  YOGURT
2 1/2 C WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR
1/2 C CORNMEAL
1t SALT
1t BAKING SODA
1/2 C MOLASSES

Preheat your oven to 325'. Grease and flour your 8x4x9x5 loaf pan  

Mix in a small bowl plain yogurt or buttermilk and molasses. 

Mix in a large bowl the flour,cornmeal,salt and baking soda. Mix the wet with the dry ingredients. Pour the bread batter into your prepared pan.Then place your pan into the oven and cook for 45 minutes.

Stick a toothpick in the bread to see if it comes out clean.If not let cook for a few more minutes.  Take out of oven and let set for 20 minutes before serving.

This Molasses bread goes so well with a hearty soup, or serve it for breakfast with some butter or some yogurt topped with your favorite fruit.
                                                                                      
I really hope you try this recipe and please let me know your thoughts!!  Here's to a great 2011.   Susan  


                                                                                                                                                                                       



                                                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment