Total Pageviews

Friday, January 21, 2011

FOOD..FRIENDS..FUN
This week I did something a little different. I took the day off from cooking and decided to feature my friend Renee. Our friend Darci, my niece Kate and I spent Wednesday afternoon at Renee's beautiful home up on the hills in Newberg,Oregon. Renee prepared a yummy dish of Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells for us.  We just enjoyed the afternoon catching up.  We all love antiques and enjoy decorating.



Renee's front porch/and fun valentines decor
  
             RENEE'S ART WORK        
Renee has become a good friend of mine in the past few years. Renee and I worked together at the Lions Gate Inn Bed & Breakfast.   
Renee has lived in Newberg most of her life and is a Local Artist 
I have displayed just a few of Renee's art pieces for you to view.  Renee is featured in many of the Art Shows and Wineries, here locally in Newberg. 
If you would like more information about Renee please let me know. 






 RENEE'S TACO STUFFED PASTA SHELLS
                                                                                   
                                                         I will tell you it was delicious!!





                                                                      
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1 large box of jumbo pasta shells

1 to 1.5 lbs of organic ground beef

1 3oz package of low fat cream cheese with chives

1 tsp of chili powder

1/4 t salt

1 cup of salsa

1c of cheddar cheese, or a bag of the Mexican blend of cheeses.

1. Cook you pasta, drain and set aside
2.Brown you hamburger, drain, stir in cream cheese and chili powder,salt and simmer for 5 minutes
3.Fill the pasta shells with beef mixture. arrange in a 13x9 baking dish.
4.Top with salsa and cheese
5.Cover and bake for 15 minutes, take of the cover and bake for another 15 minutes.
6. Take out of oven and serve hot.


I think getting together with friends is so healthy and good for us girls. I am looking forward to many more fun afternoons enjoying the great people in my life.   I wish you all a fun filled weekend!!!     Enjoy Susan


I couldn't forget Ella...she's is a wonderful part of there family!!!
                                                                    

                                   






 







No comments:

Post a Comment