Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

APPLE- CINNAMON OATMEAL COOKIES
                                                                              
                                                                            
Yummy!!!  don't these look good. I can't tell you how good these taste.  The taste of cinnamon, oatmeal, and the crunchy granny smith apples just hit the spot for me tonight.   
                                                                     
I found myself wanting to eat the batter...it's just that good.  I think chocolate chip cookie batter is right up there with these...so good just that way. 


 I am feeling a little sorry for my husband this week, so I though I would surprise him with a care package full of my goodies, I think he will be very happy to get something homemade.  
   

 I am so excited today to spend the afternoon with my girlfriends.  I thought I would bring a plate of these delicious cookies to share with them.   I think they will be a nice treat after eating Renee's Stuffed Pasta Shells.




HERES THE RECIPE FOR YOU TO TRY...


1/2 c butter (softened)

1/2 c organic sugar

1/2 c brown sugar

1 large egg

1teaspoon vanilla

1 c wheat flour

1 1/4 c old fashion oats

1/2 t baking powder

1/2 t baking soda

pinch of salt

1 t cinnamon

pinch of nutmeg

1 granny smith apples ( chopped into pieces)

dash if fresh lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.   Start with peeling and cutting your apples into a bowl, add the lemon juice and set aside.
Beat the butter and sugars together for 2 minutes, then add the egg and vanilla....beat for2 minutes or until creamy.

In a bowl add flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon,nutmeg and salt.  Add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture, mix.  Add the apples and mix with a spatula.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Let them cool before serving, or if your like me you eat them warm. They are good either way.  I hope you enjoy making these...I hope you enjoy eating them...I hope you enjoy sharing them.

Makes 2 dozen





                                                                                
                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment