Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Specialty Sandwich

Caprese Sandwich

 Looking for a light lunch to serve for your family that is healthy.  I love this combination of mozzarella, tomatoes,basil leaves, pesto and olive-oil garlic focaccia bread.  You probably have ordered a caprese salad at a restaurant before. This salad is a great summer idea.  I just decided to make it into a sandwich using the same ingredients, just adding some really good toasted bread and a little pesto. I fell in love with the fact that this recipe is so simple and yet one of my favorites in taste.   Go on give this a try you will love it.  







Yummy!!  
To start off, add a little olive-oil to the bread and toast it on the stove or in the oven. When that's done spread a little pesto on both sides of the bread. Then with the basil leaves I layered mozzarella slices, yellow and red tomatoes sliced thick with some salt & pepper and then finished if off with a few more basil leave. You can layer as much as you want.  If you want you can toast the whole sandwich after assembling it. I think the melted cheese and tomatoes is so good hot. I also thought adding some fresh spinach would taste really good, I just didn't have any in my refrigerator. 
I am going to start off the year right by taking some good steps to eating healthier. Lets do it together.  I know on Sunday afternoon we like to come home and fix a simple meal that's easy to clean up.  I  hope you enjoy this as much as we do. I would love to hear any great ideas to feeling and living a better life.  Wishing you a healthier year in 2011!!!     Enjoy Susan   
                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment